2019 - Definitely a Year to Remember
This year on the 20th Anniversary of the first ever visit of a Brass Band to Menorca the band has enjoyed many memorable events.
- An inspiring Master Class with young music students in Sant Luis followed by a successful concert in the church.
- Another inspiring session with the young musicians of Es Castell followed by a concert in the town hall.
- Despite the windy weather the Friday Easter procession was as impressive and moving as ever.
- On Saturday the band attracted a large and appreciative crowd outside the American bar in Mahon.
- Time for some fun. Some members of the band were able to indulge their competitive nature Go-Karting. The younger female element gave everyone a run for their money.
- Sunday dawned wet and windy but the Santa Maria Encounter Parade proceeded as usual.
- Sunday evening as usual saw the band entertaining an appreciative crowd in Alaior with MD, Lana in her usual fine form, creating good music, fun, laughter and just a little mayhem.
- Many, including the band, were expecting a quiet day on Monday but a hastily arranged trip to the Isla del Rey came as a pleasant surprise to all. Despite an early start in damp and cold conditions the band enjoyed a tour of the island and an appetising breakfast thanks to the volunteers. The band were able to repay this hospitality with a concert in the Catholic Church, much enjoyed by all, especially the band itself.
- The week ended with the traditional grand finale in Es Castell at Santa Margarita Church. As usual audience participation play a part and Lana 'conducted' the proceedings in her own inimitable lively manner.